MEHUCO – Meaningful Human Control
The competence network MEHUCO situates so far unconnected concepts of the controversy around Autonomous Weapon Systems in their historical and cultural context, develops an appropriate concept of sociomaterial agency and focuses on the translation of scientific results into public discourse to strengthen the civil society debate.
- Be part of the project: Fellowship position in the field of International Law/International Criminal LawBe part of the project:The interdisciplinary project “Meaningful Human Control – Autonomous Weapon Systems between Regulation and Reflection” invites applicants from the Global South to take up a one-month […]
- Publication: Accident, Interface And Picture Of The Situation. The Shoot-Down Of Iran-Air Flight 655 In The Context Of The Debate Of Autonomous Weapons SystemsThe recent publication of the article „Unfall, Interface und Lagebild. Der Abschuss von Iran-Air Flug 655 im Kontext der Debatte um autonome Waffensysteme“ by Christoph […]
- Robotics company speak out against weaponized robots – Meaningful Human ControlIn an open letter, six robotics companies turned to the robotics industry and society at large to speak out against weaponizing robots. The robotics companies […]
- Project presentation at the FONAS annual conferenceAt this year’s annual meeting of the “Research Association for Science, Disarmament and International Security” (FONAS), which took place from 28th to 29th September 2022 […]
- Consortium members at the panel at EASST in MadridJutta Weber (Paderborn University) and Christoph Ernst (University of Bonn) organized a panel together with Katherine Chandler (Georgetown Univerity) at the European Association for the Studies […]
- Westfalen-Blatt reports about research projectThe German newspaper Westfalen-Blatt reported on the research project on 22/02/2022 in an online article. Find out more in the article “Universität Paderborn: Forschungsverbund hinterfragt autonome […]